Coffee, tea? Enjoy this cake with your favorite hot beverage!
- 20 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup kefir (or buttermilk)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (dark)
- 1 tsp baking soda and vinegar (helps the cake rise)
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix all of the ingredients except cocoa (use a hand-mixer or stir very well by hand and mix baking soda and vinegar and fold into mixture while foaming). The consistency should be of a soft (liquid) sour cream. To reach the consistency, add a bit more kefir (if too solid) or a bit more flour (if too liquid).
- Separate the batter into 2 equal parts.
- Add the dark cocoa to one part and stir well (if batter becomes a lot less liquid, add a teaspoon of kefir). [
- Grease a 10, 11 or 12 inch round baking pan and pour the 2 different mixtures by putting 2 tablespoons of each mixture into the center, one after another (light, dark, light, dark, etc.) until both mixtures are gone. [
- Take a toothpick and draw lines starting from the center for decoration. [
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Check the cake by inserting a toothpick into it. If the toothpick is dry, the cake is ready to be removed from the oven. [