Enjoy these beautiful cookies with coffee, milk, or tea.
- 25 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 250 grams of sour cream
- 250 grams of kefir or buttermilk
- 1.5 to 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 900 grams to 1 kg of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Combine sour cream, kefir (or buttermilk), sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix well and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Slowly add the flour and mix very well. The batter should not be too stiff, but should be cohesive to not fall apart.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of a bit less than an inch.
- Take a cookie cutter and cut.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the pieces onto the baking trays.
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, take the trays out of the oven, remove the cookies and place all of them into a large bowl to cool.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and take it to a boil.
- Continue boiling this mixture for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat and cover the baked cookies with it.
- Stir the cookies for 5 minutes non-stop, until well coated. Let cool.