Enjoy this great appetizer in good company!
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 3 yellow squash
- 5 small tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3 pieces of salami/ 1 oz. bacon bits (optional)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/5 cup fresh chives
- 1/5 cup fresh dill
- dash of salt, pepper, khmeli suneli (optional)
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Trim the ends of the squash and cut in half (lengthwise).
- Remove the seeds and pulp using a teaspoon, leaving the shells about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the removed “insides” and place them in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes, salami (optional), chives and dill, and add them to the bowl.
- Combine all ingredients with a dash of salt, pepper, khmeli suneli (optional) and mayonnaise.
- Fill the squash halves with this mixture and top with shredded cheese (I used mozzarella, but anything from cheddar to american will work).
- Place squash in a shallow baking dish or on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, remove, let it cool down a bit.