Enjoy these little “towers” by themselves or as an appetizer!
- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 3 large eggplants
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 medium cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper to taste
- olive oil for cooking
- pomegranate seeds for decoration (optional)
- Thoroughly wash the eggplants.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (please note, eggplant needs a lot of oil – we will take care of the excess oil in the later steps).
- Slice the eggplant into 1 inch slices.
- Pan fry the eggplant on both sides until golden brown (not too soft though), add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the eggplant slices onto a plate, separating each batch with a paper towel (this will help absorb the excess oil).
- Slice tomatoes into 1 inch slices.
- Chop the dill and parsley and mix together.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves with a garlic press into the mayo and mix well.
- Place the largest slices of eggplant onto a plate (I was able to fit 4 on my plate).
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top.
- Cover the mayo with parsley and dill.
- Place a tomato slice on top.
- Repeat the process to build “towers.”
- Decorate the plate (I decorated it with pomegranate seeds, but you can decorate with pieces of dill, parsley, chopped tomatoes or eggplants, etc).